Tuesday 1 April 2014

Uh Oh! - Guest Post By Knitting Mermaid

I am Knitting Mermaid.  I have been working on a tag for the bench.  Soon we are doing a big group tag.  My piece is pink and purple and dark pink too and there was kind of some lightish purple in it as well.

This is my very first time knitting a tag.  I was having fun knitting my tag.

Friday afternoon, I was knitting my tag on our new couch.  I knit two rows!

But, I had gymnastics and I didn't want to be late so I put down my knitting and left.

I don't know what happened.  My knitting was left safe and sound sitting on the couch.  But... when  KnitMama came to pick me up from gymnastics, she had an awful story to tell me.

KnitMama was vacuuming on the floor in the living room and KnitMama heard an awful noise coming from inside the vacuum.  She immediately stopped the vacuum, but it was too late.  She saw my knitting all tangled up in the vacuum.

Here is my piece stuck in the vacuum

It was even worse.  I had been using cabled needles from an interchangeable set.  Those needles also got vacuumed up.  But since the needles couldn't go around, they snapped off of the cable.


Here is the cable

Here are the Needle Tips

They can no longer be attached

What was going to happen???  Could my knitting be rescued?  What a mess!

Do you think this can be saved?

So KnitMama took the vacuum apart and saved my knitting!  She changed my needles to a different set (which ended up being a bigger size, but that's okay).  I didn't worry because the new needles are my favourite colour and I have used them before.

Here is my saved knitting:

Phew... it wasn't broken forever!
I'm so happy that my knitting wasn't damaged and ruined forever and ever.  Keep your eyes opened for this piece.... I'll be done it soon!  You'll see in on a bench.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great story Knitting Mermaid! I'm so happy that you were ble to save all of your hard work! I can't wait to see your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... what a story Knitting Mermaid! I can't believe that you were actually able to save your piece. Can't wait to see it up!

    ReplyDelete